Covid-19: For updates and resources, head to UT's Protect Texas Together site.
Journals may use the Library for book pulls and staff edits.
Tips on locating a book in the Library:
Tips on finding a book that is missing from the shelf:
If you are having trouble finding a book in the library, please ask for assistance at the library’s Circulation Desk.
The Library has specially designated shelves where journal members can store library use only materials while using them for citation checks. These shelves are located on the 4th Floor at Stacks 401-403.
To use these shelves:
Many items we have that you cannot otherwise borrow can be checked out to the journal shelves in this way. These items include:
Some high-use materials cannot be checked out to the journal shelves. These include:
The Journal Room (Room 3.213) is now available for students on journals to use for cite checking or other journal tasks. The Journal Room is on the third floor, between the Student Collaborative Study Space and the portrait of Baron John Bowes.
This Journal Room is for the use of journal students only and is ordinarily locked. To use it, journal students must first reserve the room.
Here are general guidelines for reserving and using the Journal Room.
1. To reserve the Journal Room, please email your request to Martha Clark.
2. Reservations should be made at least 24 hours in advance.
3. Reservations can be made for a morning block (8am to noon), an afternoon block (noon to 5pm), or an evening block (5pm to 10pm). When making a reservation, please let Martha know what journal you are on, for which date, and which block (morning, afternoon, or evening) you would like.
4. Each journal can reserve up to 4 blocks a week.
5. Tarlton's standard policies on food and drink (i.e., small snacks and beverages in covered containers permitted) and personal belongings (i.e., don't leave them unattended) apply in the Journal Room.
6. The door is normally locked, so if you are accidentally locked out while using the room, please contact the Circulation Desk.