The Department of Special Collections supports legal education and research at The University of Texas by providing a secure home for substantial and diverse collections of rare law books and archives. The navigation above will guide you to more information on our collection strengths and current programming.
- Location: Room 4.209, 4th Floor, Tarlton Law Library
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-12 noon, 1-5pm
- Liz Hilkin, Head of Archives and Special Collections, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (512) 471-7071
- Elizabeth Haluska-Rausch, email@example.com
- Phone: (512) 232-3802
- Fax: (512) 471-0243
- Mailing address: 727 E. Dean Keeton St., Austin, TX 78705-3224
- Directions and parking information
Using the collections
The collections are non-circulating and must be used in the Special Collections Reading Room. Rare books and archival collections are generally available for use, providing that the guidelines for the Reading Room are followed. While an appointment is not required, it is recommended. If you are coming from outside Austin, we especially urge you to contact us in advance, so that we can help you make the most of your research visit.