The Connally Center for the Administration of Justice was completed in 2000. The addition is a four-story structure connected to the school’s Townes Hall by the Joseph D. Jamail Pavilion, a transparent two-story foyer. The design, by architects 3D/International, Inc., closely follows Townes Hall – incorporating granite, limestone, limestone bands and cornices, windows and a clay-tile roof.
The main floor contains the Kraft W. Eidman Courtroom, with six smaller courtrooms on the third floor. The first and the fourth floors house the Texas Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution and eight public-service clinics.
The $11 million dollar project added almost 40, 000 square feet to the existing Law School facilities and was funded by the University. The regents approved the building in 1995, construction began in 1996 and the dedication of the building took place November 10, 2001. The center is named for Governor John B. Connally, Jr. (UT Law 1941).