Skip to main content
Services to the Public
- The Tarlton Law Library is open to members of the public who are interested in conducting legal research.
- Reference librarians are available to help patrons locate information resources and to provide assistance in legal research methodology. Patrons may contact the library’s Reference Desk for assistance.
- Reference librarians can guide patrons to legal form books in the library’s collection, but they cannot assist with the location or identification of specific forms.
- Reference librarians do not perform research for patrons and may not provide substantive legal advice or interpret legal materials for the benefit of patrons.
- Reference librarians cannot help patrons find an attorney. Patrons living in Central Texas are encouraged to contact the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas. The State Bar of Texas also has an attorney referral service. For information about free or low-cost civil legal assistance in Texas, please consult texaslawhelp.org.
- The law school provides legal representation through its legal clinics in very limited cases. Information about the law school’s legal clinics can be found on the clinics’ website: https://law.utexas.edu/clinics/information-for-the-public/